Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Am i worried over nothing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am i worried over nothing?
keolic
Neophyte
Member # 104169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keolic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am quite nervous and worried about my current situation. One morning before work my girlfriend gave me a hand job, i used toilet paper to clean up the sperm, i then tossed the toilet paper with sperm on it in to the toilet and flushed it down. But then i got thinking what happened if some sperm dripped off the toilet paper when i threw it in into the toilet and got onto the toilet seat. i didn't even think at the time to check to make sure none dripped onto the seat. Does this pose a pregnancy risk as my girlfriend has two sisters who use this bathroom?? I am extremely worried? is there any chance they could get pregnant if some sperm did land on the seat? it would have ben at least 3 hours or so before her sisters would have used the bathroom as they were gone snowboarding. Any help is much appreciated
Posts: 10 | From: hat | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi keolic and welcome to Scarleteen,

Can you please take a look at the information in this post?

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

If you have more questions after reading that, come on back! [Smile]

Thanks.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keolic
Neophyte
Member # 104169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keolic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay so i read through it and there is a lot of great information the one thing i am confused about though is that lets say there was contact with the vulva when her sisters used the bathroom is there a risk? i still don't quite understand and feel that i have a risk of her sisters getting pregnant? sorry i am terrible with sex type stuff
Posts: 10 | From: hat | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keolic
Neophyte
Member # 104169

okay so i read through it and there is a lot of great information the one thing i am confused about though is that lets say there was contact with the vulva when her sisters used the bathroom is there a risk? i still don't quite understand and feel that i have a risk of her sisters getting pregnant? sorry i am terrible with sex type stuff
Allie R
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 102566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there keolic,

So the take-away of this article here is this part:
"Overall, the MOST likely way to become pregnant is by direct vulval or vaginal contact with sperm. Sperm can live up to about 20 minutes in an environment that is unfriendly to them (in other words, outside the testicles, vagina or in lab conditions), but they are very delicate creatures in the great outdoors... If there is a distinct barrier between the vagina and the penis in question, such as thick or nonpermeable clothing (like a few layers of denim or polyester or PVC), water or an interstate highway, there is not a likely risk of pregnancy."

With reading that, do you feel better about your current situation? [Smile]

[ 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Allie A ]

--------------------
AAR

Posts: 109 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keolic
Neophyte
Member # 104169

i do, so really what your saying is the sperm would have been long dead on the toilet seat by the time her sisters go home?
keolic
Neophyte
Member # 104169

oops sorry i meant got home
Allie R
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 102566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Studies have shown sperm die within 20 minutes of exposure to air, and a toilet seat isn't the nicest environment for sperm to thrive in. So I really wouldn't worry- one would have a substantial risk of pregnancy if there's direct contact between genitals, or between a vulva and fresh ejaculate- which, ejaculate on the toilet seat would not be.

--------------------
AAR

Posts: 109 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keolic
Neophyte
Member # 104169

okay thank you so much, i feel much better now, so it is safe to say there is no chance of pregnancy occurring
keolic
Neophyte
Member # 104169

im just really worried as i asked the same question over at yahoo answers and i got a lot of responses saying that there is a chance that they would become pregnant?? ugh this is wrecking my sanity
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may help to remember that ANYONE can post on Yahoo Answers. There's no accountability there, and no way to know if someone posting an answer has any idea what they're talking about.
Here's an article that explains how you can determine if a sexuality information source is worth reading: Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keolic
Neophyte
Member # 104169

okay thank you so much, so just one more time to make sure, in your professional opinion, is there a risk of pregnancy in my situation? sorry i am such a worrier
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go back and read what Allie said; that should put your mind at ease. In addition, since toilet paper is an absorbent substance, it seems unlikely that anything would be dripping off of it in the first place!
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.