Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » DRY HUMPING PREGNANCY RISK (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DRY HUMPING PREGNANCY RISK
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, adding safety protocols is making a different choice than going without them!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIKERD
Neophyte
Member # 100824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIKERD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well ok. Then yea I guess so. But the important thing is that there is no pregnancy risk here and I will never be finding myself in this situation again!
Posts: 32 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIKERD
Neophyte
Member # 100824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIKERD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One more thing. What do you suggest I do if I begin to worry a little bit again?
Posts: 32 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Well, worrying doesn't kill anyone. I mean, seriously, worrying isn't the end of the world, and worrying isn't a crisis situation. So, if you worry again, you worry, you know?

We can experience negative or uncomfortable feelings and live through them. We usually do. All of us. And often.

But if we try and push those feelings away or make them go away to spare us momentary discomfort instead of just sitting with them and sorting them out, figuring out what they're trying to tell us, where they come from, and doing our own work to deal with them, they're way more likely to keep coming up than they are to get resolved. Probably because the whole reason they're coming up in the first place, or a big reason, is because we need to learn from them.

Catch my drift?

[ 01-23-2013, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

MIKERD
Neophyte
Member # 100824

Yes I completely understand that and I agree with you 100%. Although I have already sat down and sorted my problems out with you right? I'm worrying about a pregnancy risk which I now know doesnt exist. Am I subconsciously doubting you? Your an expert in this field of study and I trust you!

I have seen one of your previous posts and you said you would never tell anyone that they or their partner are not pregnant when they really are. Correct?

Heather
Member # 3

I can't possibly know if you've sorted all you need to sort with me: not a mind-reader. [Smile]

And yes, that is correct, so long as you understand that I am also not a psychic about if people are pregnant or not. All I can know, and respond to and with, is what does and doesn't present real risks of pregnancy, what does and doesn't accurately let someone know about being or not being pregnant, etc.

So, unless someone says "I have a positive pregnancy test" or "my doctor told me I am pregnant," I'm not going to tell them they are. And unless someone tells me, after engaging in the kind of sex that presents the possibility of pregnancy, that they have negative test results from a home test or a doctor -- or have had something like months of their normal periods, etc. -- I am also not going to tell them they aren't.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

MIKERD
Neophyte
Member # 100824

That is true. But considering that what we have been talking about is definitely not a risk of pregnancy then I shouldn't have to worry about anything.

How about this. When a woman is pregnant what are the chances that they will experience bleeding on or arlound the same time they expect their period month after month. Or does that just mean they are having their period

Heather
Member # 3

I really need to not invest any more time into answering questions we have already answered for you, have already written articles about on the main site, or which can be found in numerous threads on the board.

So, I'm going to ask that given we've already spent a good deal of time on this with you per these kinds of questions, that you please do some of your own work looking for the answers we already have on these questions on the boards and the main site before asking more of them, okay?

I think that's not only fair to ask, especially given our vastly limited staff and resources, but it's also likely much more constructive for you to do to get some practice at taking care of yourself and your worries in this regard so they don't kick your butt, if you get me. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

MIKERD
Neophyte
Member # 100824

Correct! We already have this all figured out anyway. So finally Thankyou for all your work and help and I am so glad that you were here to guide me through this! [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

Cheers. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wawamekare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I were dry humping. She usually wear shorts and underwear while I'm wearing jeans and underwear. I eventually ejaculated and I was like 10 seconds on top of her before I stood up my jeans is wet and I don't know if her shorts got wet too. After that she missed her period for 3 months and we took a home pregnancy test and I was shocked when she told me the test was positive. Now I am wondering if it is possible that sperm could travel through my underwear and jeans although i know it is wet going inside her?
We took 2 hpts yesterday which is 1 month ago after the positive result. We used 2 brands(1 is the same hpt we used which came out positive which I also believe it's false positive and the other is a different brand). The 2 turned out negative. Which would we believe? We're confused right now.3 negative and 1 positive with a very faint 2nd line. She hadn't got her period until now.

Posts: 15 | From: Philippines | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Hey, wawamekare; after I answer this, if you want to keep talking, can you please make your own thread, rather than coming into someone else's like this? Thanks.

If all both of you have been doing was dry humping while you both were dressed, then a pregnancy could not have happened this way.

But if she hasn't had her period in three months, it'd be wise for her to see her healthcare provider about that regardless. same goes with two positive pregnancy tests. Like I said, what you're describing isn't a way a pregnancy could have happened, but if she, or you and she, had engaged in other sexual activities that could create a pregnancy, or she was sexually assaulted, for instance, pregnancy could have been possible. And with two positive tests, it should certainly be looked into by a healthcare provider.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wawamekare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot for that information:). I really appreciate it. I'm just wondering why her period did n't came yet. To clarify Ms. Corinna it is only 1 positive hpt. with a faint line and 3 negative hpt. I'm pretty sure that we didn't do other sexual activities aside from dry humping. I also believe in her that she is loyal to me and is not also sexually assaulted. I'm hoping you'll answer my question because I admit we're not that sexually educated. Thank you very much [Smile]
--------------------------------------------------

Posts: 15 | From: Philippines | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've responded to this in your other thred.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.