Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Fun stuff in the bedroom?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fun stuff in the bedroom?
MrsaMistaken
Neophyte
Member # 99216

Icon 5 posted      Profile for MrsaMistaken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering what are some fun exciting things to spice up the bedroom. Such as food, games, ect. Anything except sex toys. Because my boyfriend frowns upon those kinds of things. He feels like that's cheating for some reason. Lol. My boyfriend isn't really very expierced and I'm trying to open his mind to some new things although he can go down the traditional route sometimes.

--------------------
~MrsaMistaken

Posts: 4 | From: Mentor, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsaMistaken
Neophyte
Member # 99216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsaMistaken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*experienced

--------------------
~MrsaMistaken

Posts: 4 | From: Mentor, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, no one can say what might be fun for any given person or couple, especially without knowing those people and their sexualities very well.

So, best bet? Sit down with your partner, maybe even paper and pen, and brainstorm what you both think might be fun, or are interested in exploring, together. Be creative, and be open, even tossing out things you think might be silly, or think your partner might not be interested in. After all, these are just ideas, not anything anyone has to do if they don't want to.

It might also help to share some of each of your sexual fantasies: those can sometimes be good things to draw from to get ideas. same goes with sex scenes in books or movies you've found exciting or interesting.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsaMistaken
Neophyte
Member # 99216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsaMistaken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I'll try. My boyfriend hasn't really been in a sexual relationship before and sometimes it's difficult to get him to try new things. When we first started dating he only knew one thing that turned him on. Now he knows a few more and I'm trying to get him to be more open minded instead of traditional.

--------------------
~MrsaMistaken

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another tool that can be very helpful is one like this: Yes, No, Maybe So: A Sexual Inventory Stocklist

Maybe go through that together to try and identify some ideas?

It sounds like it might also help to make sure you're balancing out what you want with the pace he might need with sex being new to him. And you can always just check in with him about that to be sure.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsaMistaken
Neophyte
Member # 99216

Thanks. I'll check it out. And reply again of I have anymore questions about it.

--------------------
~MrsaMistaken

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.