Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Strange pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange pain
She Runs To Eat Chocolate
Neophyte
Member # 37324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for She Runs To Eat Chocolate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

Recently I've been feeling this weird sharp pain...It comes and goes and it's not uncomfortable so i didnt mind it at all....It comes from what seems like a skin wound when im washing my genital area. Every time I wash and then I rub soap and then clean with water I feel then pain. It's like I stretched or ripped it.... It's not on my vulva....

I tried touching it to see if it would hurt if i touch it but it only hurts when I touch it after I shower and soap it.

But then I tried looking down there and there seems to be a round barely visible sort patch there.... It doesn't hurt when I touch it when it's dry...

Planning to get checked this weekend but maybe if anybody could give me an idea so i can prepare myself and not be so scared....

Posts: 29 | From: The Giant Coco-Nut-Nut-Nut | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 37324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for She Runs To Eat Chocolate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But to add it rarely bothers me.
Posts: 29 | From: The Giant Coco-Nut-Nut-Nut | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not being doctors, and not being able to see what you are describing, we really couldn't guess. It could be anything from a cut to a rash. So, going in to have it looked at by a doctor is a really good idea.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 37324

But to add it rarely bothers me.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just like the skin on any part of our body, the skin on and around the vulva can sustain an injury.

Your best chance for an answer is to get it looked at in person by a medical professional.

Additionally, though, since you mentioned that it hurts when you wash it, I'll just mention that it's good not to treat the genital area too roughly in washing. Gentle soap and water, with no rough rubbing, are enough to clean the vulva.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 37324

Thank you for help [Smile]
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.