Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Mouth issues.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mouth issues.
samfoxwu
Neophyte
Member # 76307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samfoxwu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

So yesterday I realized I had two very hard, hot, itchy bumps in the roof of my mouth. I itched at them a little bit and they ended up swelling pretty much. No pain really accompanied them unless I pushed down hard with my finger. When I woke up today, the swelling was almost completely gone and when I looked at the roof of my mouth, it looked as though the top layer of skin was gone off the area that had swelled. The small patch was dark red but it still had no pain—it was just hard and vaguely itchy. Now the swelling has gone down even further—it is still warm and hard and dark red, but it is barely even mildly uncomfortable—more than anything it makes me anxious. Do you think this is something I should be worried about?

Again there is no pain, no fever, no swollen lymph nodes—just a mildly itchy, warm, raw path of skin in the roof of my mouth.

Thanks for reading and helping.

Posts: 27 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really outside our area of expertise (and we're not doctors, to boot). If you're concerned the best thing to do is check in with a healthcare provider.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5658 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.