Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » class project

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: class project
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
So for a class project we have to read any article we want and respond to it saying why we believe it or do not believe it. I am chosing to do mine on a article that is about not legalizing gay marraige. I am wrting on how I am against it and want gay marriage to be LEGALIZED. I was wondering if anyone would like to read it when I am finished with it?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brokenhearted,
That sounds like an interesting and worthwhile topic for a paper!

This is the section of the website for Expert Advice, however. If you find you are personally struggling with certain issues related to your paper topic, and therefore have particular important questions you would like answered, we would be happy to give you helpful advice here!

If you are interested in discussing your ideas on this topic (whether in the official form of a paper or not) in general, I think a good place to do it would be in one of the Scarleteen Central forums. Maybe the "All About You" one? That way, your message could be seen by a whole bunch of users who are maybe also interested in discussing this type of topic. And that could lead to some great discussion, and insight too!

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

well I knew that this was for expert advice i just didnt know where to post it and I was really wanting to know Heathers opinion on it.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, if you have an important question related to your paper topic that you would like Heather and the Scarleteen Volunteers to look over for advice and suggestions, it's totally fine to let us know specifically what it is!

As you know, Scarleteen exists to provide people with immediate and real information in response to important, pressing issues in their lives. Unfortunately, everyone here has limited time to commit to answering questions and helping with emergencies and other problems. Just like you too have a whole bunch of life events and responsibilities outside these forums. [Smile] Anyway, this means we have to prioritize somewhat so that the time we DO have available goes towards answering as many important questions as possible.

If you are looking for opinions on your ideas and would appreciate general feedback, I would still recommend re-posting on a forum where general users can respond. Good luck!!

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

what forum! Thats the thing I am asking Heather. I want feedback when I am finished with the papper. I want to know what forum to put it on. So, Heather what forum would this belong in?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

What I meant is that Scarleteen staff and volunteers do not usually have the time to respond to posts that are not important questions about personal problems.

This does not mean that we do not care about every question. We just have a lot of things to do in our lives, so can only answer the more important questions that are about problems.

It is great that you are writing this paper! It sounds like an exciting project, not a question about a problem. Instead of looking for feedback from Heather, who has her hands full with many other responsibilities (not just on this site!) why not ask everyone what they think? I bet you could get some cool ideas just from talking to other users- who DO have the time to read your ideas! [Smile]

Try posting on this forum.

[ 09-06-2012, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Claire P. ]

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

forget it. I was wanting to talk about it and my feelings around it and my life being bi but just forget it since you dont care Claire

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

and btw i have had read that a lot of people ask for HER opinion so why am i different then?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi brokenhearted. When people ask for heather's opinion and get it, it's usually around a pressing question or issue, as Claire said. Also, if Heather has her hands full or is away (like right now), other users DON'T necessarily get her response, or at the very least not right away.

We also once again ask that you not accuse volunteers of not caring about you -- as you're aware, we've all dedicated quite a lot of time in answering you. If claire didn't care about our users, she wouldn't be here, and she wouldn't be replying [Smile]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

yes I know and Im sorry but I just feel like she was not sensitive to what I was saying. And I know that heather is not on right now. :) i was just wanting some of the volunteers who know me to asnwer wither or not they would want to read my argumentive paper and if so which forum to post it under.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Claire gave you that information -- you can put it in the "all about you!" forum. That's where any users, volunteer, or staff can read it and comment if they want. So, feel free to head over there and post!
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

thanks for letting me know I can post it. The way Clarie made it sound is i couldnt post it so i wanted clearification.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.