Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Vaginal Stinging (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Vaginal Stinging
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Copper,

Good to hear that you're seeing your doctor soon.

Tight underwear can certainly promote irritation, as can shaving. Might be worth mentioning those things to her to see what her take is on them.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I'm wanting to get this over with but I'm also pretty scared to go. I should get a call on Thursday.

I think the stinging is now near my urethra but it's kind of hard to tell. It's not excruciating and I still have no other symptoms; but I'm kind of trying hard not to panic. My best guess is that using 40+ tampons could have perhaps caused an infection or an abrasion or dryness or an environment that helped promote an infection... But I'm not sure. I'm not sure if she could physically examine me when I see her, but if this turns into a UTI or something, I would really want to get treatment quickly.

I will be happy when all this is over and done with! The past month has been insane for random and unpleasant things occurring to my body (and I am regretting using so many tampons...), but I have learned my lesson!

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.