Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Late on birth control pill?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late on birth control pill?
Kabith
Activist
Member # 95148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kabith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! Question from another paranoid reader.

I have been taking birth control pills for about 3-4 months now. My periods have usually started around the second or third pill of my placebo week, but this week I am on my fifth placebo pill and have still not seen any bleeding.

Here is the other thing: the pack that I am on right now I had left in the car for a few days in the glove box by accident a few weeks back. It was also hot outside, so I'm thinking that their potency may have been messed up. I'm not sure if this could contribute to the issue I am having now.

Also, when it comes to pregnancy risk, my boyfriend and I haven't actually had intercourse. The closest thing that I would consider a risk happened a few days ago. We were grinding with nothing on, and he probably rubbed some pre-ejaculation around the opening to my vagina. It only happened for a few moments before putting a condom on (I remembered that my pills were left in the car, so I might not be fully protected, hence the extra caution). That happened on... Saturday, and today is Tuesday. So, I'm not really sure if that is an issue either, but there you are.

What do you think is going on? Any advise you have? Should I wait a few more days to see if bleeding happens, take a pregnancy test, see my school doctor? Is there even a risk for pregnancy? What do you think?

Posts: 120 | From: Washington State - USA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kabith
Activist
Member # 95148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kabith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoah, I just noticed that there were several other topics about this very same thing. I read through some of them, and those put me a little more at ease. But still, if you have anything else to add, or anything I should know about my own personal situation, fire away [Smile]
Posts: 120 | From: Washington State - USA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Kabith,

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better now. Know that you can always take a pregnancy test if you're concerned that this pack of pills might have been compromised.

Contact between bare genitals can also pose STI risks, which the pill doesn't protect against. Are you both up -to-date with your STI testing?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kabith
Activist
Member # 95148

Yes we are, and we are both clear. Thank you for asking [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.