Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Really weird/disturbing/nasty dream. Should I be worried?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really weird/disturbing/nasty dream. Should I be worried?
Harris
Neophyte
Member # 94957

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I had a dream last night where I was giving my dad a handjob. It kind of escalated when a female teacher (I don't know her in real life, just in the dream) joined in and started giving me oral sex, but my dad was also there having sex with me. After awhile my dad was gone and it was just me and this teacher (which I enjoyed very much [Wink] ).

Obviously I am disturbed by my dad being in the dream. He is literally the perfect father in real life, there has been no abuse or anything like that at all. I love him, but definitely NOT in any abnormal way. So wtf was my dream about and why did it happen? Is something wrong with me?

Posts: 10 | From: Southwest WI | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Harris,

Weird and disturbing dreams have this nasty way of sticking with us after we have them.

No, there really isn't anything wrong with you. It was just a dream.

There are many explanations out there for why dreams happen, including heavy-duty psychological interpretations. On the flip side, though, a lot of folks say that dreams are just our brains spitting out random things and fitting them together. We don't espouse any particular explanation of dreams here at Scarleteen,. It really is up to you whether you put any weight into this dream.

Again, though, it really doesn't have to mean anything. You are allowed to just chalk it up to randomly firing thoughts and ideas that just happened to be more disturbing than you would like them to be.

What do you think?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris
Neophyte
Member # 94957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'd like to say it was just my brain having a weird moment, I just don't want it to affect how I see my dad.
Posts: 10 | From: Southwest WI | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think it'll affect the way you see your Dad? It does sound like your brain just being weird...just keep reminding yourself of that. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris
Neophyte
Member # 94957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm home for the weekend, and everything with my Dad is fine, so I think it's safe to say my brain is weird but no harm done [Smile] Thank you for talking to me, it helped with the weirdness.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi,

Yay. I'm glad you feel fine.

And no problem with the talking. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.