Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Sex periods and pregnancy! What's going on with me?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex periods and pregnancy! What's going on with me?!
MommyDreamer
Neophyte
Member # 96751

Icon 5 posted      Profile for MommyDreamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm new here so I'm not sure how all this works?? But my friend said its a good place for advice and you can be totally private with who you are.. So i figured I'd ask my question here.. For about 6 or so months I've been having wacky periods I'll have two in one month and go a month without one at all sometimes they last two weeks sometimes only five days.. I've been with my boyfriend over 2 years and we haven't been trying for a baby but we haven't been protecting our selfs from having one either we just wanna go with whatever happens... (I think he knows I really wanna be a mom though) so I had just had a period aug 13-20th and on aug 25th we had unprotected sex two days later aug 27th I started bleeding... Not heavy at all and no cramps at all but red as red can be.. Is something wrong with me?? I don't understand I have no permanent dr at this point so until I can find one who accepts my insurance I just need a little advice of what this could possibly mean?? I'm worried I could have something wrong with me and I'm not able to have children or maybe this is implantation bleeding? But I heard that implantation can't occur until 7-10 days later... Help please I need a little peace of mind!!!
Posts: 1 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen. [Smile]

The thing to understand about implantation bleeding is that it doesn't happen with most pregnancies. The thing that is most common with pregnancy is no bleeding of any kind at all.

Irregular cycles, especially if you've had fairly regular ones in the past, are definitely something that should be checked out by a healthcare provider though, so I'd encourage you to do that as soon as possible. If you haven't found a regular doctor yet, there may be sexual or reproductive health clinics in your area that are low-cost. It's even more important to make sure that you're healthy before you start trying for a baby, so if you do want to become pregnant in the near future, getting a full checkup is really important. (Unprotected sex also puts you at high risk for STIs, so getting screened for those would also be a great idea.)

Until you do know what's going on, and have the all-clear from a healthcare provider to start trying to get pregnant, I'd really encourage you to use some form of birth control. If you want help choosing one that will work best for you, happy to go through your options and see what might be a good fit.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.