Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Vaginal bleeding after orgasm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vaginal bleeding after orgasm
Mnnmouse
Neophyte
Member # 96705

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mnnmouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 18, lost my verginity years ago and am still having vaginal bleeding after having an orgasm, regardless of sex or masturbation. The blood is a bright red and the bleeding lasts for several hours. There is no penetration during the masurbation. I do have irregular periods but this is occurring every time. My obgyn told me that I have low levels of pro estrogen because of my weight but this has come up in the past year. [Confused]

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this only happen with orgasm? If you have partnered sex or masturbate, but don't orgasm, do you still have bleeding?

Have you asked your gyn about this?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5658 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mnnmouse
Neophyte
Member # 96705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mnnmouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I haven't asked him about this... Embarrassing to talk about. It does only happen with orgasm.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mnnmouse. I understand that you'd feel embarrassed talking to your gynecologist about this, but it really is important that you talk to your doctor about any health concern you have. That's what they're there for, after all.

What I always try to do when I feel awkward about going to my doctor with a concern is that I remember that doctors really have seen and heard it all; I have a cousin who's a doctor and she made it clear to me that doctors really aren't going to be freaked out or get all awkward about anything you might ask. Chances are that they've heard your concern before, so there's no need to be embarrassed! [Smile]

Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mnnmouse
Neophyte
Member # 96705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mnnmouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... Makes me feel a little better about talking to him but still nervous... I want to w what is going on but my insurance won't let mego in again until October so... I'm stuck wondering until then.
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally understand that you're still nervous. You can of course let your gyn know that you're nervous about talking to him; he should then do all he can to make it feel less awkward for you [Smile]

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to go in again until october, that does really suck. In the meantime what you could do would be to call your gyn's office and let them know what's going on and ask if they have any suggestions for what to do while you wait for that appointment. Do you think you'll be able to do that?

Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mnnmouse
Neophyte
Member # 96705

Ya... I think I could
Mnnmouse
Neophyte
Member # 96705

I really wish that I could know like right now so that it can be treated if it is something serious.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's completely understandable, especially considering this has been going on for awhile. If you can't see your gyn until October, is it possible for you to visit a sexual/reproductive health clinic such as Planned Parenthood in the meantime? I don't know where you are, but often such clinics work on sliding scales, so you pay what you can afford insurance or not, and you'd likely be able to see someone much sooner than October.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5658 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mnnmouse
Neophyte
Member # 96705

Thanks for the tip... I'll try that
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

If you need help finding a clinic near you, just let us know what general area you're in and we can have a look. [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.