Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Help! Kind of freaking out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help! Kind of freaking out
tats00
Neophyte
Member # 96488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tats00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Help please I am kind of freaking out!

I had protected sex about a month ago. I got my period 2 days after (a day later than expected). My cycle is really short - average 23 days - and lasts about 6 days (pretty sucky haha). Anyway I was supposed to get my period 4 days ago but until now I still haven't got it. I'm usually really regular so I'm worried. Is it possible that I am pregnant?? I know it's kind of stupid to ask but I don't have any other explanation for what's going on!

I've got all the pms symptoms I usually get (big tender boobs and bloating) but no period!

Help please. [Frown] Thank you in advance!

Posts: 10 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi tats00 and welcome to Scarleteen.

It's pretty unnerving when a regular cycle suddenly changes it's mind and does something different.

For more info on why periods can be late (pregnancy isn't the only explanation) take a look at
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

If you are concerned that you're pregnant, taking a pregnancy test is really the only way to know for sure. You can get a home pregnancy test at any drugstore, or go to a doctor or clinic and have one done there.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tats00
Neophyte
Member # 96488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tats00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Robin.

I'm just wondering if the period I had after I had the protected sex wasn't a real period and was spotting, or whatever. But reading through a lot of the articles on here, I don't think it was spotting and was indeed a period. Plus the guy was definitely wearing a condom (a nonnegotiable for me) but what if it leaked somehow?

Am just worried and nervous to take the test because I am completely unprepared and not ready to be pregnant at this point of my life.

I suppose all this thinking about it is making my period come late. And maybe my cycle is starting to sync up with the girls I've been working with? It's just really weird to be used to getting my period every 23 days like clockwork and now still not have it. How strange it is to be attached to something like this.

Thank you again for answering a question that seems really silly, even to me, the question asker.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When condoms break, we know it. They don't just spring a little leak, but instead split or shred noticeably.

I'ts pretty scary to face the possibility of being pregnant when you really don't want to be, but taking a test is the only way you'll know for sure. Know that we'll be happy to discuss this with you no matter which way the test turns out.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tats00
Neophyte
Member # 96488

Thanks, Robin, I really appreciate your taking the time to write back.

This waiting game I am playing is killing me so I will get the test later today after work. Do you think it's possible or likely that I can be pregnant, though? I haven't had any kind of sex since that time. It was a period that I got and not implantation bleeding or spotting, right? I apologise if I'm being irrational!

Thanks again for answering. It is much appreciated.

tats00
Neophyte
Member # 96488

Ok now I feel really stupid. I just got my period.

Thank you so much for your time and really so sorry for the trouble!! You guys on this site are unbelievable and are doing the world a great service. Thank you thank you!

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

No trouble at all. We know how scary it can be.
Very glad to know you got your period and aren't worried anymore! [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

tats00
Neophyte
Member # 96488

Thanks again, Robin! [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.