Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Should I be worried?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I be worried?
polkadots2
Neophyte
Member # 93754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polkadots2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, I just had a question about a possible (and probably highly unlikely) pregnancy scare. My boyfriend and I had protected sex (vaginal intercourse) the other day and he told me today that he has been worried that there was a possible risk. He told me that once he had taken the used condom off, he tied it off and put it on the floor. We started to mess around a little more and before we went further, I mentioned that he should check the condom like he usually does. So he ran his fingers up and down it a few times, wiping his hands periodically to get rid of the excess lube that had been used, and found the condom to be fine. But what he was worried about is if there could have been traces of sperm on his hands, because after he put the condom back on the floor, he started to finger me. I asked him if he had wiped his hands once more before he touched me, and he said he was practically positive. I have read Scarleteen's pregnancy scare articles before and know that in order for a woman to become pregnant through manual stimulation, the hand would have to be pretty covered in sperm. So, if my boyfriend had not wiped his hands before he touched me, would there be a chance of a risk? Thanks for answering!
Posts: 20 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm don't survive in the open air very well, so it really doesn't sound like there's anything to be concerned about. It sounds as if your boyfriend was checking for tears in the condom. Know that if the condom were to break he would notice it immediately. When condoms break they don't just develop a little hole or tear; they split or shred. So minutely examining the condom like that really isn't necessary.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.