Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » condom slight slip

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condom slight slip
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anxiousalways     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi i was just wondering, if during sex, the condom slips up a small bit bit, maybe an inch or so, but never slips off, and u just push it back down is that still effective condom use? my boyfriend and i had sex last night and this happened 2 maybe 3 times that it slipped up like an inch and we just rolled it back down to its original position then and continued having sex.

is the way the condom works that it fits tightly to the penis that eny pre ejacualte that may be there during intercourse, stays at the tip of the penis, in the space in the condom for it?

Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms can slide a little bit, to be sure, but unless a condom slips totally off, that doesn't mean there was a condom failure.

And yep: that's the way a condom works. [Smile]

With slipping, is your boyfriend using a brand and style of condom he knows fits him well, that isn't too big or too small for him, and that has stayed on him and felt comfortable for him in the past?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anxiousalways     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it never slips much, i think its just the lube that makes it slip up a bit and then we roll it back down, but so long as it doesnt completely come off, its effective,normal condom use?
and with my original question so i wouldnt have to worry about it being a risk?
it doesnt happen often, just every now and again but i always feel the need to check that its ok if it happens.
Thank you for the reply [Smile]

Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

also i just read my original post, when i said it happened 2 to 3 times, i meant like in that one time having sex, so i assumed just that time that we put a bit too much lube on or something
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as the condom doesn't come off entirely, you can still consider that condom to be effective. [Smile] It could be that it slipped because of a bit too much lube, but it might be worthwhile for the two of you to try a few different condom brands and types, to see if there's one that fits him a little bit better.

[ 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

ok thank you for the advice, just so long as i know that my original post wasnt a risk, and we will try other brands, thanks. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.