Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Skipped Period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skipped Period
Roxie102
Peer Ambassador
Member # 72015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roxie102     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on day 37, and I usually get my period around day 31, so I think I'm skipping my period. (I haven't had any risks since my last period, so I'm not concerned about that.) If I skip this one, will my next period come on time or will it be unpredictable?

I had a yeast infection and got treated right around when I should have ovulated which makes me think I didn't ovulate. A few days after that, I masturbated and then spotted the next day but I think that was because of roughness, not uterine bleeding. Should I be concerned about any of this? I haven't skipped a period in years, since they became regular. :/ My breasts still slightly hurt and my mood is a tad off, so could my period just be really late?

Posts: 255 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A late period now and again isn't usually a cause for concern. And illness, such as a yeast infection, can put stress on the body and delay periods, so that may be the reason for what is going on.

There's no way for us to predict whether this period will still show, and whether your next period will be on time. You'll just have to wait and see.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.