Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Did I Reinfect Myself?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did I Reinfect Myself?
Roxie102
Peer Ambassador
Member # 72015

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Roxie102     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got treated for a yeast infection almost two months ago. I've used my dildo twice since then; the first time was about a week after finishing my treatment, so there was minor discomfort, but the second time felt absolutely fine, and I was also not having discharge. (And yes, I had used the dildo during my first infection.) Fast forward to now, and I have a yeast infection again. I'm wondering if I could've reinfected myself since I don't boil the dildo, I only wash it. Can reinfection happen even though yeast is normally present in the vagina? This whole thing I just really frustrating. [Frown] Also, I've started eating yogurt daily, but I'm not terribly sure it's helping. Do you have any other tips for preventing yeast infections?

[ 05-03-2012, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Roxie102 ]

Posts: 255 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeast infections are prone to reoccurrence. Giving your dildo a good boil or otherwise disinfecting it with something stronger than soap and water isn't a bad idea, but that may not necessarily have been the culprit.

Cranberry, either in pure juice (not cranberry cocktail) or tablet form, can also be helpful in relieving symptoms of a yeast infection.

Also, with the yogurt, you'll want to be eating yogurt that specifically says it contains live cultures.

There's a lot more information in this article about what can lead to yeast infection and how to deal with them when they appear:

Yeast Infections

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.