Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » had IUD removed, no period, ejaculated on vagina- should i be worried?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: had IUD removed, no period, ejaculated on vagina- should i be worried?
swedie
Neophyte
Member # 95682

Icon 14 posted      Profile for swedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, Im 23 and recently got my IUD out after 2 years from 30lbs of weight gain, and didnt want to go to the pill or anything until the hormones got out of my body so my boyfriend of 4.5 years and I have been using condoms, although we both hate the feeling of it. I never had my period on the IUD so have no idea what my cycle is like right now. So mostly we have been using condoms but a few times, stupidly I know, we just used the pull out method, or more like put it in in the beginning, and just finish off with oral. 2 nights ago though, we went to my friends jack and jill wedding party and drank a little so we had sex when our inihibitions were lower with alcohol in us and we didnt use protection but he pulled out in time and he ejaculated right on the opening of m vagina, although I wiped it away a couple minutes later. Right now, I have no idea when im going to get my period because of the iud removal and so am a little worried about the fact he came on my vagina.
What is the likelihood of pregnancy?

Posts: 2 | From: toronto | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen!

Using theWithdrawal
effectively means withdrawing the penis from the vagina well before ejaculation and ejaculating away from the vulva.

Pregnancy is a possibility whenever there is bare contact between a penis and a vulva or between freshly ejaculated semen and a vulva--and there is no birth control used. The IUD does not protect against pregnancy after it has been removed.

So yes, it sounds like you have had a pregnancy risk.

If it has been less than 120 hours since this occurred, you can take
Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill)

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedie
Neophyte
Member # 95682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for responding. I know exactly we shouldn't have been using withdrawal at all, especially after I had just had my iud out. We were going to be using condoms strictly but hated the feel of it for both of us, so used it a few times, again not out ignorance but clearly not using my head.
I know I am not protected now without my iud in but I have no idea when I will get my period, since I haven't had it in 2 years and I heard it varies for everyone so how would I know if it did indeed result in pregnancy because getting a period will likely not happen for a while for me?
And even though I wiped it up fast and therefore cleaned up the sperm, that doesn't make a difference right? I think it has been more than 72 hours should I still get it?

I thought I knew so much about sex and pregnancy and apparently not anymore, so thank you for any feedback!

Posts: 2 | From: toronto | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Emergency contraception can be taken up to 120 hours after the risk, but the sooner it is taken the better as the effectiveness rates drop after 72 hours. You still have a little bit of time, but would need to act fast if you want to take it.

You can take a pregnancy test 14 days after a risk, or once a period is late and it will be accurate. In your case, since your period is not regular and you do not know when to expect it, you should wait 14 days to take the test.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.