Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can sperm travel through jeans and boxers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can sperm travel through jeans and boxers?
HelloLove994
Neophyte
Member # 95513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HelloLove994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend had his jeans and boxers on and I had my pants and underwear off. He started dry humping me and ejaculated inside his jeans. Could i get pregnant?
Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HelloLove994
Neophyte
Member # 95513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HelloLove994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the semen soaked through, i'm not sure if it did though. Just paranoid about it.
Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it soaked through, you'd have felt it and seen it. It'd look like...well, like pants look if and when we wet them.

But if he had jeans and boxers on, this isn't something you need to worry about in terms of pregnancy or STI risks.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HelloLove994
Neophyte
Member # 95513

Thanks! This is the first straightforward answer I've gotten. I appreciate it! I've heard many times that if sperm can get through the tiny holes in condoms then why couldn't they get through jeans? Why is this?
HelloLove994
Neophyte
Member # 95513

Thanks! This is the first straightforward answer I've gotten. I appreciate it! I've heard many times that if sperm can get through the tiny holes in condoms then why couldn't they get through jeans? Why is this?
HelloLove994
Neophyte
Member # 95513

It was also dark and i couldn't tell if he had soaked through or not ... I kind of felt around and i just felt something slightly damp but that might have been from me and not him.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm need their seminal fluid in order to move. So your example of a condom with a hole in it, it's not just the sperm getting through but the seminal fluid as well. Seminal fluid soaks into fabric, meaning that the sperm dont' have anything in which to move, and they don't move by themselves. They also don't live outside the body very long at all; they die very quickly.

One of the ways I like to picture this is that if semen takes any stops on the way from penis to vagina (such as onto a hand or onto a piece of clothing) then the sperm are no longer viable.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Btw, HelloLove, there are no tiny holes in condoms that sperm can get through. The only time a condom has a hole is when it breaks, and that is a very big hole that you will notice.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.