Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » brown colored discharge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: brown colored discharge
polkadots2
Neophyte
Member # 93754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polkadots2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a question about the color of my discharge. Last night, my boyfriend and I were messing around and he fingered me. This is not the first time that we have done this. I went to the bathroom after, and when I went to wipe myself, there was a rather large amount of brown colored discharge. I've never seen this before. I don't know if the volume was due to the lubricant that we used or what. I had read that the brown color is due to old blood left over from a previous period (mine finished exactly one week ago). Is there something wrong with me? Should I be worried about anything?
Thank you for your help.

Posts: 20 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The blood could be leftover from your period, or maybe you got a small abrasion from the manual sex you engaged in. Either way, a bit of brown discharge is not usually a cause for concern.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polkadots2
Neophyte
Member # 93754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polkadots2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has been about a week since I sent this message and I'm having the same problem. My boyfriend and I engaged in manual sex and quite a bit of blood/brown discharge appeared on both his fingers and my underpants. Would this still be left over from my period? It's been two weeks since it ended. Thank you.
Posts: 20 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you getting any of this discharge at other times besides when you have manual sex? that is, are you getting discharge on your underwear during the day or night?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polkadots2
Neophyte
Member # 93754

It will last for a few hours after. But it's not very heavy. It usually looks like a light brown, sort of how it would look on the last day of my period. It isn't continuing on today though.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spotting between periods isn't unusual, particularly for people on hormonal birth control, but can happen for many reasons.

Does this seem to only start right after your boyfriend fingers you?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polkadots2
Neophyte
Member # 93754

I'm not on birth control and I never have been. Yes, this only occurs after he fingers me.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I'm wondering if the fingering is irritating your vaginal tissues. Using extra lubrication is a great way to make sure there isn't too much friction. It's also a good idea to be aware of jagged fingernails. Using a latex (or non-latex alternative) glove can smooth out rough edges and keep things clean.

Just a few thoughts....

--------------------
Robin

polkadots2
Neophyte
Member # 93754

Ok thank you, I'll be sure to do that. So there isn't anything wrong with this happening? Should I be worried?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

It sounds like it happens specifically after fingering, which is definitely not a reason not to engage in that sexual activity, but means that it's sound to look at how that activity is happening.

Unless you start getting a lot of discharge for no discernable reason and it persists, it doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

--------------------
Robin

polkadots2
Neophyte
Member # 93754

Ok thank you very much! I really appreciate your help and advice.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.