Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Age Difference

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Age Difference
Sh0t1nTh3D4rk
Neophyte
Member # 95123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sh0t1nTh3D4rk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so there's this guy I'm somewhat involved with, who's 18 and a senior at my school. I'm turning 14 in a couple days (I skipped a grade and I'm really mature, mentally and physically, for my age). We're good friends and we're both virgins. We're very open with each other and he's been talking to me more lately about sex, and asking if I'd be his first. I really don't know what to say. I care about him and really want my first time to be special, and I know it would be with him. But it's kind of illegal in this state and I really don't know what to do. Please help:/
Posts: 5 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sh0t1nTh3D4rk
Neophyte
Member # 95123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sh0t1nTh3D4rk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also still deciding whether or not I want to lose my virginity this early in life. He and I aren't even dating and I'm not sure whether giving myself to him is worth all of the potential risks - I want to, but I've always over-analyzed things and I'm just not sure.
Posts: 5 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The age of consent in Texas is 17. So, all other considerations aside, if the two of you engage in sexual activity, it could get him into a lot of legal trouble. For that reason alone, I would advise against sex at this point.

If you still want to think some more about how you can tell whether you are ready for sex, this article may be an interesting read for you:
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.