Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Sperm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sperm
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for damnparanoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is random questions for the sole purpose of me learning more information about sex education. Do sperms die when ejaculated outside the body, not near the vulva or the vagina and then exposed to air.? I have finally learned my lessons. So i just want to know more about sex education
Posts: 66 | From: Earth | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm need the ejaculatory fluid to remain viable. Once that dries up, the sperm in it are dead, as well. So, sperm do not die automatically with exposure to air, but they do die once the ejaculatory fluid dries.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for damnparanoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But sperms are not capable of swimming to the uterus once they are ejaculated far from the vulva?
Posts: 66 | From: Earth | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, they are not. If you ejaculated somewhere other than inside a woman's vagina or directly onto her genital area, you do not need to worry about a pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Thank you September. For my next question. Can sperm cell travel in water?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Sperm are very picky, and they need a very specific environment to remain viable. Only ejaculatory fluid provides that environment. They will not stay alive, or be revived by, other liquids.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

So in other words ,for example, when someone ejaculates on the other parts of the partner and then they took a bath, the sperms will not have the ability to swim to the vulva and get the girl pregnant?
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

and do they ie with isoprpopyl alcohol?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can get rid of semen with good old-fashioned soap and water.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Robin Lee and September. Thank you so much for answering. I really appreciate both of you as well as those who answered in my other topics.
- September : I have seen a post here where in you have answered a question that involves a sperm in the mouth. And I have not yet understood that.Can you please explain to me? I will repeat the question here. Can sperm live inside the mouth and can it be powerful enough if under such circumstances , the girl gets a blowjob, kisses the guy, the guys then gives her oral sex.Thank you for clarifying your answer.

- robin lee. You mentioned that I really feel anxious every time we do such activities. And maybe you were right. Thank you again for making me realize that. I also have a question for you. Is it true that the more frequent you ejaculate the less sperm is included in your next ejaculate? And another question, can precum contain enough sperm cells to get a woman pregnant?

Thank you for the answers. And I really do hope you guys help me learn.

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Oh and how do i delete my previous topic "dry precum"
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

It might help if you linked to the post that you are referring to? And then we can talk about what, specifically, you did not understand and need further clarification about.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/016773.html

here you go september.And i am a bit confused. What if the the guy just recently came into her chest? And then she took a bath? Would that pose a pregnancy risk? I am sorry I cannot understand without examples.

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Alright, thanks for the link! Now, which part of that did you not understand?

As we have told you before, the only way a pregnancy risk is created is when a guy ejaculates inside a girl's vagina, or directly onto her genital area. A woman's chest isn't anywhere near her vagina, so I don't really see a way for sperm to get from point A to point B.

But this is stuff that you have heard before, in this thread and your previous one. Our story is also not going to change, no matter what scenarios you describe for us. So can you maybe try and apply what we have told you to those scenarios and see where that gets you?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

No,I am not trying to do it. I just need to be clear if semen somehow can manage to survive that. I just thought and wanted to know if there is a possibility. Thanks for the answers.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Well, given what we have told you about pregnancy risks, do you think that ejaculating on a girl's chest and then taking a bath with her will create a pregnancy risk? Why don't you give this risk assessment a try, and we'll tell you how you did?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Well, i thought about the possibilities of the sperm in the semen running along down the water when a girl takes her bath. And that semen may be brought to her vulva by the running water? is that even possible or i am just thinking the unthinkable.?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you remember the two situations we have described in which a girl could possibly get pregnant?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Yes, the direct genital to genital contact and the ejaculation on or near the vulva. am i right? [Smile]
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Yep, you are. So now can you see why the scenario you described (ejaculating on a girl's chest) is not a pregnancy risk?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

So I see. It is the ONLY way. THE REALLY ONLY WAY to get a girl pregnant.
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the ONLY way. The REALLY only way there is to co-create a pregnancy. [Smile]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Haha. Thanks for the answers [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.