Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » PCOS and birth control

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PCOS and birth control
srk20
Activist
Member # 59241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for srk20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I was just wondering if anyone has any information here on PCOS and what types of birth control should be used? I've heard that low low dose like lo loestrin which only has 10 mcg of estrogen isn't that useful and doesn't work well enough to get rid of the cysts. I would really love some input here.l
Posts: 197 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, if you're not talking to the OB/GYN giving you care about this or your other questions, I'm pretty concerned. They really should be the first stop with these kinds of questions, with someone like us being a second opinion.

Since right now, your doctor is ordering more tests about your reproductive health, I think it's particularly important you have this conversation with them. We can't possibly make suggestions of how to treat your (unique, as all illnesses are) PCOS. Not only do we not have all of the information your doctor has, that would be professionally irresponsible.

Do you want to talk about why you think you're having trouble asking your doctor about things like this?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.