Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » unprotected sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unprotected sex
cannavaro
Neophyte
Member # 47524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cannavaro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My gf and I always practice safe sex. We decided to have sex without condom for the next time.

Our question is when will be the best time for us to have unprotected sex with a lowest possibility or chance of getting her pregnant? as I might cum inside her? My gf told me that 3 days before or after her period will be the best time, is this info accurate? She got it from her friend who used to have sex in such way and did not get pregnant.

Posts: 14 | From: Asia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does your girlfriend chart her cycles by taking her basal temperature and checking her cervical mucus daily? Has she been doing so for a good while?

That is the only reliable way for her to be able to predict her fertile days with any accuracy.

If she's not doing that, it's really hard to make any predictions about her cycle.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cannavaro
Neophyte
Member # 47524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cannavaro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think she does that. Her period is consistent, every 26th of each month.
Posts: 14 | From: Asia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if she's not doing that, there really is no way to predict her ovulation time with any accuracy, and going without any form of protection would pose a high risk of pregnancy.

If you absolutely want to go without condoms, your girlfriend will either need to start charting her periods in the way I described above, or you'll need to look into hormonal methods of birth control.

Whatever you do, you will also want to get tested for STIs before you ditch condoms.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.