Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » masturbation and sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: masturbation and sex
sail
Neophyte
Member # 38289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I am a male and I masturbate almost daily. I can orgasm without issue and I have read about this deathgrip so I make sure not to hold too hard. Around my gf I can orgasm no issue through manual but oral is very difficult/doesnt really occur without some manual. I am worried I am conditioned to only like the use of a hand and will not be able to orgasm during sex.

Is there anything I can do to stop this, is this a rational worry?

Thanks

Posts: 33 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see anything to worry about, different people will orgasm from different things. It would be unusual to be able to orgasm from every kind of sex there is. And it sounds like you already are orgamsing from sex, you said manual sex gives you an orgasm, correct?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sail
Neophyte
Member # 38289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah when I say manual I mean by her hands. I know its nothing with my ability to orgasm, just worried by masturbation has caused me to not be able to orgasm from anything else.
Posts: 33 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But you ARE able to orgasm from something else - manual sex. And there is still plenty of things to try that also might result in your orgasm. I wouldn't worry.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sail
Neophyte
Member # 38289

Such as? I have considered stopping the masturbation to not be so reliant on the feeling of a hand.

Thanks very much for your help

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

There are lot's of kinds of sex, and you have only tried manual and oral, right? So you don't know that all the other kinds won't also result in orgasms... And even if they didn't, that's not really a problem, like I said, most people DON'T orgasm from every kind of sex, ever. If you want to masturbate less or stop altogether, there is nothing wrong with that either.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.