Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Depo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Depo
Billyjane
Neophyte
Member # 93862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billyjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on Depo for nearly three months but my period is still mucking me around something horrid, I have had a on and off period for a almost the whole three months which makes my ability to judge when it's ok to have sex horrid for I'm sure he doesn't want to go swimming in the red sea by surprise. will it have sorted it's self out by the next lot of depo or should i see a doctor?
Posts: 5 | From: Auz | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spotting and irregular bleeding is actually a pretty common side-effect of Depo.

Have you talked to your partner about having sex while you are having spotting or bleeding? Are you assuming that he would be uncomfortable, or is that something he has actually expressed to you?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billyjane
Neophyte
Member # 93862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billyjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well last time it snuck up on me he wasn't impressed and i can say that it pretty much ruined that night =D
Posts: 5 | From: Auz | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if he's not comfortable with bodily fluids, he's certainly entitled to that. But it also couldn't hurt to have a conversation specifically about that, so you two can discuss what it is that makes him uncomfortable, and how you can maybe manage that. Maybe you can work something out, so you don't have to quit a method of birth control that's working for you just because of that.

Because even if you switch to another form of birth control, chances are you will still experience periods from time to time. So, eventually he'll have to learn how to deal with that, as periods are generally par for the course when you're dating a female-bodies person.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billyjane
Neophyte
Member # 93862

that's the thing, I'm not so worried about being able to have sex with him i just want to know if my periods with sort themselves out for out of the 3 months I've been on depo I've only had 5 days where i haven't been having a period. i just want to know if this is normal for the first three months or should i worry.
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've been on it and for three months have been bleeding you want to check in with a doctor.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billyjane
Neophyte
Member # 93862

ok thanks =D

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.