Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy scare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy scare
La95
Neophyte
Member # 89238

Icon 5 posted      Profile for La95         Edit/Delete Post 
I know this question has been asked probably lots of times, I've even read loads of them, but I'm terrified, and paranoid, and need reassurance. Oh god. Anyway.

So about a week and a half ago, my boyfriend and I were in his house, and I gave him a hand job, he didn't ejaculate, but there was definitely precum there. He touched his penis quite a bit before fingering me, again he didn't ejaculate, but there may or may not have been precum on his hands. judging by the fact that I haven't had my period yet, I'm more inclined to believe there was.

At the time I didn't worry too much,but I am now two days late for my period, which is usually like clockwork. I haven't had any particular lifestyle changes, or extra stress, but I guess this being my first time sexually active could have messed up my hormones a bit. I'm not getting my usual PMS symptoms though, which is worrying. Only difference is lower abdomen pains all day today.

So basically, could I be/ am I pregnant? I've been going crazy worrying over this.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lower abdominal pains are likely to be you period on it's way, yes. However, despite how regular we are, sometimes our cycles are different lengths for no reason at all. It's quite common for a period to come earlier or later than expected sometimes.

There's no chance of the abdominal pains being a sign of preganncy, in case that's what you're thinking - as pregnancy symptoms don't show up that early.

However, you have not had a risk here at all. There is no chance of pregnancy from manual sex. For manual sex you pose any kind of risk, one would have to be literally inserting handfuls of fresh ejaculate. Sperm cells don't survive on hands. So, no worries here.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
La95
Neophyte
Member # 89238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for La95         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so incredibly much [Razz] I'll wait for my period to come, failing that, I'll take a pregnancy test in about a week, just to be very very sure. A lot less worried now, I guess it'll teach me to be careful.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.