Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Yeast Infection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yeast Infection
heyeverbody
Neophyte
Member # 71247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heyeverbody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

I did read the page about yeast infections. What I'm wondering is whether a yeast infection can go away by itself. I'm 95% sure I have one (my vagina is all pink, there are some white clumpy dischargey things, it itches, and there is no way that I have an STD), but I can't go to the doctor (I mean, technically I could. But I don't have a primary care physician and it would be so awkward and I don't know how I would get to a doctor or anything. I'm a freshman in college) and I don't want to accidentally breed super yeast by treating it if I don't have one. So if I just wait it out, can it go away?

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See if your college has a health center, or referrals to health centers or clinics. There is no need to be embarrassed, really, doctors see this stuff all of the time. It's only likely to get more and more uncomfortable and icky for you.

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heyeverbody
Neophyte
Member # 71247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heyeverbody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But will it go away on its own? Their is a health center...that's just a last resort...
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taking care of your health should never be a "last resort."

It's not likely to go away on it's own. The symptoms will steadily get worse if left untreated.

Do you want to talk about your anxiety in getting this checked out by a doctor?

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.