Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » could this happen

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could this happen
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J305     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can a condom break and why???

--------------------
jesy

Posts: 32 | From: land | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, condoms do sometimes break. Sometimes it's not because of something that someone did wrong, but often it's when they're not used correctly (especially things like not using a good water-based lubricant, putting them on correctly, etc). Also if they're old or not stored correctly (like when they get too hot by sitting in a car, in a wallet, etc)

[ 10-09-2011, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J305     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How would i know if he did not had it in his wallet or if he had it to long with him on his wallet and if it good to use i dont wanna ask him he might get mad

--------------------
jesy

Posts: 32 | From: land | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

how would i know if he put it on right?? and would he know how to put it on??

--------------------
jesy

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If a partner got mad because you wanted to make sure you were having safer sex then they would not really be a good person to have as a sex partner. You could always bring your own condom, though, then you would know for sure how it was stored. And you could watch him put it on or put it on yourself to make sure it was correct. As to whether he would know how to put it on, you'd have to ask him that, since we don't know him.

Here are some instructions on how to use a condom:
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

I never had sex so if i meet someone and we deside to have sex can a condom break if he tryin to go inside of me just bec im small down there he ganna have a hard time to go inside of me so if he keep going and keep tryin so he could make it go in me can the condom break?

--------------------
jesy

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vagina size is not based on whether you have had sex or not. The vagina is a muscle. It contracts around whatever is inside it. So if nothing is inside, it feels "small" because it is closed. When something is inside it will be that size. When we get very aroused and excited, we produce lubrication and our muscle relaxes and loosens, allowing something to enter easier.

If your partner was being too rough and you were not aroused and he forced it in anyway then yes, the condom could break, as well as causing you pain. (Whether it was your first time having sex or your 100th.)

Check out these articles:
Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More
A few choice words about "tightness"
It's a Vagina, Not a Crystal Ball

[ 10-10-2011, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: KatWA ]

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

DO i really have to use birth control?

--------------------
jesy

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

You don't HAVE to do anything. Depending on how important it is to you to not be pregnant or have any STIs you can:
- Not have any kind of sex that poses a risk of pregnancy or STIs (no chance of pregnancy or STIs)
- Use 2 kinds of birth control while having sex (very low risk of pregnancy and low risk of STIs if one method is a condom)
- Use 1 method of birth control while having sex (low risk of pregnancy depending on the method chosen and low risk of STIs if the method used is a condom)
- Use no protection while having sex. (Very high risk of pregnancy and STIs.)

Learn more about safer sex & birth control:
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
Birth Control Bingo!

[ 10-10-2011, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: KatWA ]

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

is it ok to swallow sperm

--------------------
jesy

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Whether someone feels ok with that or not is individual. It does pose an STI risk, though.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.