Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please help
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

Icon 9 posted      Profile for J305     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im 23 im single and i never had sex!! I sometime play on myself but i broke my hymen im very worried and im sad bec my future husbine is maybe going to get mad bec i broke my hymen i dont know what to say to him or what to do i been cryin!! what should i say to him or what should i do should i be worry about me???? am im stell a virgin??? please help

--------------------
jesy

Posts: 32 | From: land | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whether you have a hymen (now called the corona) or not is not connected to virginity. While virginity is just a concept, not a physical state of being, and that concept can be different in different cultures, the most standard definition refers to whether someone has had sex or not. So you are still a virgin by that definition.

As well, the corona usually wears away on it's own, so even if you still had remnants of it now, you likely wouldn't by the time you were ready to have sex.

Why don't you check out these articles for more information about this:
Magical Cups & Bloody Brides: Virginity in Context
My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It
20 Questions About Virginity: Scarleteen Interviews Hanne Blank

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The hymen (which we now call the corona), doesn't actually break the way it is generally imagined. Rather, it wears away over time from hormonal changes, menstruation and general activity. For most women, the corona is partially or fully worn away by the time they first have intercourse.

For this reason, it's really hard to say whether you are still a virgin, because the word doesn't hold universal meaning. It means something different for everyone.

These article may also help you:
Magical Cups & Bloody Brides: Virginity in Context
My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It

[I really shouldn't leave reply windows open while going to answer the door, it appears. Kat beat me to it. ]

[ 10-07-2011, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.