Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » bump on outer labia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bump on outer labia
Mariel
Neophyte
Member # 46238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two days ago I woke up with a bump in the area where the outer labia, close to the inner, where the two lips meet. Stupidly, I went to squeeze it as if it were a pimple and clear fluid came out. It didn't 'pop' and wasn't particularly painful, although there didn't appear to be an ingrown hair in the area. I became very perplexed because whenever I got pimples 'down there', they would usually be very small and on the surface like after shaving and easily popped - this seemed bigger and seemed to go beneath the surface like a deep-grown pimple one might get on their face. Again, stupidly, i shaved the area clean (which seemed to open this 'bump' up a bit) and clear liquid continued to ooze from the bump when squeezed. It wasn't really red or irritated at that point, just a bump. I was really careless throughout the day- I would touch it, squeeze it over and over, put topical ointment on it, and squeeze it again. Eventually, it became larger, redder, swollen, and very blister-y infected looking. It felt like a big sore pimple when touched, but I didn't experience any pain when it wasn't being touched and it never itched.
At this point it still feels like something is "below the surface" and is red and swollen and looks BAD. like a big infected sore. I want to believe that this sore was caused by my stupidly incessant touching of the area, but I can't help but worry that it's herpes. I have only ever had sexual contact with my boyfriend, who swears he has only ever had sexual contact with me. It doesn't itch or burn when I pee, but I am worried that this bump is HSV. I am beginning to feel achey and my lymph nodes are swollen (although this could be because this now 'sore' looks infected). Could it be herpes? what should I do?

Posts: 32 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's really difficult to make any educated guesses about bumps like that - we're not doctors, and even if we were, we could not make diagnoses over the internet.

So, your best bet is to get in and be seen by a doctor. In the meantime, you'll want to leave the bump alone and not irritate it further.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.