Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Issues.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Issues.
reach11deep
Neophyte
Member # 64789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reach11deep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a very large sexual appetite. But I've been through traumatic, stressful events as of late (though I don't know if that's linked to my current problem).

I had sex with 3 guys in one month this July. (I'm being safe every time I have sex.) I have one partner right now, and it's staying that way (considering some of the traumatic events involved the 2 other guys, both exes now) I used to want it all the time and really enjoy it and get into it. Now when I'm in the mood, I have to force myself to go relieve the intense pressure when I'm alone. I still want sex when I'm with my partner but after a while it's just not as intense as it was when we first began.

I've been having a little trouble getting fully aroused before intercourse as well. And my current partner - when we have sex, the smell is not appealing. This only happened a few times with the first partner I'd ever had. It makes me smell odd afterward as well, but I always go back to normal.

Anyway.. I'm just wondering why I've not been enjoying it as much, even with my enormous sexual appetite. It's hard to motivate myself to masturbate now as well, so I find this to be a problem.

Posts: 32 | From: Arkansas | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi reach,

You've thrown out a number of issues that could be causing your lack of enjoyment of sex - some traumatic issues, some stress, the smell issue etc

Have you been to a doctor about the smell or ever talked to anyone about the issues you mentioned? If there is a smell issue, then there could be an infection going on - healthy vaginas and penises don't smell bad if they're washed regularly (like any other part of your body.)

You mentioned 3 guys, 2 of whom were traumatic relationships - do you think you're ready to be engaging with someone else right now if the other two situations were upsetting? Are you protecting your heart and your mind as much as you could be right now?

Rebecca

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reach11deep
Neophyte
Member # 64789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reach11deep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Normally, I'm not the one with the "smell". And I really want this relationship to work, so I believe I'm emotionally ready for it.
But how can I enjoy it as much as I did?

Posts: 32 | From: Arkansas | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really wanting something doesn't mean we're ready for it. Am I right that it's only been around or less than a month since you got away from people where there was trauma (abuse?) involved? have you sought out any help/support in healing from whatever those traumas were? Did you take any time between those and getting involved with this person?

With this smell, have you two talked about sexual healthcare and STI testing? has this partner recently been tested and had his basic preventative sexual healthcare?

Your last question isn't something we're going to be able to answer without a lot more information, and even then, we may not be able to answer it, period. However, expecting things to be the same if and when you've very recently been through trauma in your sex or love life is often an unrealistic expectation. Often, we'll need time and work and help to process our feelings and heal from whatever those traumas were.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.