Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » OCD Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OCD Worried
greenhplver
Neophyte
Member # 46576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greenhplver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is going to sound crazy, but I just can't stop worrying about this problem. My dad sometimes uses the bathroom (pees) and doesn't wash his hands. Then when he goes to drive, he of course touches the steering wheel. Now I have an issue driving, I get very squeemish when I touch the steering wheel.

It started with just that, but now I get worried about touching doorknobs, and everything else in the house. Because once I touch the steering wheel, my hands are "contaminated", and everything I touch after that is "contaminated". And it's not about bacteria being spread around, it's because he's touched his privates. I'm very insecure about the way my privates look and I'm afraid of my vulva being "masculinized", like, looking like I was on male hormones. So I fear that whenever I touch a "contaminated" object I'm absorbing "stuff" from his privates that'll eventually turn my vulva into a penis/scrotum. Everytime I touch a "contaminated" object I feel violated.

Sounds crazy, right? I wish I could get over it and I don't know how.

Posts: 9 | From: None ya beeswax! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You used the term OCD in the title - have you been diagnosed with OCD? Are you seeing a professional for this?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also want to add that it doesn't sound crazy at all, this sounds like a very common expression of OCD. OCD doesn't make you crazy, it is just an illness and you need treatment. If you aren't currently seeing someone, I really recommend it, you really need professional help to get over something like this.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greenhplver
Neophyte
Member # 46576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greenhplver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I haven't been diagnosed or anything, but I think I will talk to someone about it. Thank you, Kat, I really appreciate someone listening to it and not thinking I'm crazy for it.
Posts: 9 | From: None ya beeswax! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.