Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Inside out!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Inside out!
she-thulhu
Neophyte
Member # 68340

Icon 3 posted      Profile for she-thulhu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I was wondering...my boyfriend and I had sex today, and we used a condom backed up with spermicidal film. It did not break or slip off, but...there's a chance I could have put it on him inside out. I'm actually not sure. I only think of this because it was one of the studded Durex Pleasuremax ones, and after the sex, he said he noticed the studs were on the inside, not the outside like I thought they would be. Which is weird, because I remember checking to make sure it unrolled the right way, with the ring of excess rubber on the outside, not the inside of itself. Huh.

So I'm really wondering- is there any risk in using an inside-out condom?

[ 07-30-2011, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: she-thulhu ]

Posts: 19 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as the condom went on fine and stayed on, you should be fine. Generally, they're hard to put on inside out, and it does sound like you checked.

Weird as it may sound, maybe the condom was rolled up wrong by the manufacturer? That's a possibility, or the studs are designed to point in, not out.

Either way, you should be fine.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
she-thulhu
Neophyte
Member # 68340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for she-thulhu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, ok! Well I'm glad to hear that, however bizarre it may be. I didn't think about it being rolled up wrong!
And it did go on correctly and stay on the entire time...so it looks like I have little to worry about. [Smile]

Thank you!

Posts: 19 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.