Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Changes in pill times

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Changes in pill times
irrationallyworried123
Neophyte
Member # 71667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irrationallyworried123         Edit/Delete Post 
The first month that I was put on BC, I took it at 8:40 at night and the next month, I thought that was too late and changed it to 5:40 in the morning and that was too early so in the next month I changed it to 7:00 in the morning.

in the second month, the range I would take it from 5:30-6:30 and in the third month, the range I took it from was 7:00-7:30 in the morning.

This wouldnt be considered late would it? Im planning on sticking to 7, its perfect for me.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you pick a time for a whole cycle and stick to it, you're fine.

You have a three hour window on either side of your normal time. So, if you normally take your pill at 7, waking up late at 9:30 and taking it then is also fine.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irrationallyworried123
Neophyte
Member # 71667

Oops sorry, I think my post was confusing! I meant, would the changes in my pill time make me "late", from 5:30 in the morning to 7:00-7:30 in the morning the next cycle?

I know the rule for pregnancy test accuracy is 14+ after a risk or after a missed period but would that 14+ days after a risk rule apply to those on BC too? If I took one 14 days after a risk, it would be accurate?

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irrationallyworried123
Neophyte
Member # 71667

I sincerely apologize, I dont mean to be pushy although Im not sure if I should move my pill time earlier or continue to take it the way I have been.

I dont know if my changes in pill time were too drastic and if the pregnancy test i took was accurate?

atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, switching by a couple hours any time is not a problem. 12 hours could pose a problem, but 2 certainly won't.

The pregnancy test you took should be accurate.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irrationallyworried123
Neophyte
Member # 71667

Alright thanks!

The day people get withdrawal bleeds..do they change around too?

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The day a withdrawal bleed starts can change around for some folks. For others, it may begin consistently on the same day of the placebo/off week each time. It just depends.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irrationallyworried123
Neophyte
Member # 71667

Taking ec could change that too right?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.