Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Bumps near Vaginal Opening

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bumps near Vaginal Opening
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rldove13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have noticed I have weird bumps around my vagina (and they kind of hurt) don't look like any of the STD pictures I have seen, what could this be?

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Posts: 136 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They could be all sorts of things, including cysts, pimples, or a type of rash. The best thing is to have them checked out by a doctor, as you could have some sort of infection (including a skin infection of some sort) that needs treatment.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rldove13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This might sound weird but I noticed that I have one lump on each side. Is that Am indication of something?

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Posts: 136 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. As I said before, you'll have to go to a doctor to figure out what these bumps are. It's best to go while the bumps are there, too, so you should go ahead and call on Monday.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Ok thank you. I am also worried that I could possibly be pregnant. My boyfriend and I tried anal. Even with the lube it was still extremely painful so he pulled out immediately. There was no prejaculate or ejaculation involved, but a few hours earlier I gave him a blow job and he ehaculated in my hands. He cleaned up and we both washed our hands. I forgot to mention that I made my boyfriend wash his penis off. He says he used soap and water. If everything was cleaned off properly us there any reason for me to be concerned?

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With any kind of unprotected sex in or near the vagina there's a risk of pregnancy. If there was no pre-ejaculate or ejaculate involved then that risk is smaller but sometimes we just can't totally know those things.

You don't mention if you used a condom - if you did and the condom did not break or slip off then the risk is much smaller.

Your second situation, involving oral sex, does not pose a pregnancy risk. This article may be helpful in determining what was and was not a risk for pregnancy: Pregnancy Scared?

As an aside: condoms often make anal sex a lot easier. Go slowly, use a lot of lube, and don't try for intercourse right away.

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

I forgot to mention that I am on the pill, but I have not been too good at taking my pills on time this month. About three (or possibly more) times this month I have forgotten to take my pill, but I have never missed more than one pill at a given time. Does this have any effect on the chance that I might be pregnant?
I am getting headaches very often and I have been nauseous a lot in the last few days. Since I am on the pill I know I should get my period on Saturday (August 5th), but I have not gotten my other usual PMS symptom. This is why I am concerned.

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taking your pills erratically, or missing pills multiple times in a month certainly means that they're effectiveness is changed - and missing that many you may not be able to count on it working at all.

To mention too though? If you're missing pills often in a month, it's safe to say it really may just not be the best method for you to protect against pregnancy. Would you like some help in looking up a method that may be a little bit more reliable you for?

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

I am usually really good with taking my pills, but this month my schedule has been crazy because of vacation and has thrown me out of my regular routine. Does this mean I could be pregnant?

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

If your period is late, you should take a pregnancy test.
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Thank you everyone for all of your help [Smile]

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.