Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Second Opinion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Second Opinion
Mary H
Neophyte
Member # 73268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary H         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello guys, I am sorry to bother because I've noticed that these forums are quite busy. I have read so many things on the site and it has been of great comfort, so I decided that I'd ask about my particular situation. I've recently had a scare, one that occured during my fertile days this past month. The guy did not ejaculate in me, and he's been just as worried as I, so we're both aware of what risk pre-ejaculation poses(We've been studying.) The scare is nearly over, but I still wanted to ask a few questions.

Here's the situation.
We had sex for nearly two minutes on a Friday afternoon. No ejaculation.
We then had sex again the next night (Saturday) for nearly five minutes. No ejaculation.
The next day, Sunday, would've been mid cycle for me, which is what really threw me into paranoia. On that sunday, around 48 hours after the 1st incident and less than 24 after the second, we purchased and implemented EC, Plan B in particular.

AF usually arrives during the first week of each month for me. And after two very scary weeks, it showed on the 1st of July and lasted six days. Everything was normal, it was actually a bit heavier than usual. This of course provided comfort, but we had to be sure of everything.

AF lasted from the 1st to the 6th, and we decided that we'd test in a week or so. We picked up an HPT on the 18th and took it that afternoon at his place. I've read in so many places that HPTs may be false in the afternoon.

So here's my question.
I urinated an hour before testing and had nearly half a bottle of water before hand. I hadn't urinated too frequently that day, just the normal. As we had hoped for, the test was negative. Under these circumstances, would the test have been accurate?

( I am completely aware that these decisions were not at all smart ones. And after this worry, I'll be treating my body with the respect that it deserves. He agrees and we've both assessed and decided that we aren't ready for sex. We haven't been responsible, and this scare has proven to us that we need to wait.)

Thank you guys so much,
Mary H.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you've had a regular period (that's what you mean by "AF", right "Aunt Flow?"), the odds of you being pregnant from incidents before your period are basically nill. Add a negative pregnancy test to that, and you can be very confident that you aren't pregnant.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.