Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » confused about precum facts.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: confused about precum facts.
Alex_L31
Neophyte
Member # 58304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex_L31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone!

So today my bf and i had sex. at first we went going to have sex because we ran out of condoms. Then he started to finger me. one thing led to another and we end up having sex. However, he was only inside of me for a few minutes then he pulled out (he didnt come yet at the time he pulled out, so he was still erect.) However, when he was inside of me, i felt a squirt! I dont know if thats precum or maybe he came a little bit w/o knowing? Can you guys give me advice on what that squirt might be?should I be worry? also, when i got home, i search up if there's any sperms in precum? i came across some articles where they said that there's no sperms in precum, and some that said there are sperms in precum. so which one is it? is there sperms in precum? and i came across an article that said this..."Sperm must be in semen and protected to live at all. As males get sexually excited they produce, mostly unknown to them, a small amount of precum that does not contain sperm (though it may have viruses or bacteria in it). Unless that precum is produced inside of the vagina during sexual arousal it is not at all likely to create a pregnancy. Ejaculation of semen with sperm inside of it, inside of the vagina or even at the opening CAN cause a pregnancy. There is a big difference." I'm a little confused about the " Unless that precum is produced inside of the vagina during sexual arousal it is not at all likely to create a pregnancy. " this article was one of the article that said precum does not contain any sperms too...is there a difference between precum produced outside of the vagina and inside the vagina?

sorry this post is so long. thank you for taking the time out to read this post and replying to me. thank you soo much!

Posts: 17 | From: hawaii | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you're quoting is very strangely worded, so I'm confused, too. (Where was that?) Whether or not a fluid is or isn't produced while inside the vagina makes no difference with anything. It's whether or not a given fluid has contact with the vulva or vagina that matters when we're talking about things that involve fluids.

But here's the deal: a full ejaculation contains millions of sperm cells, usually. It takes around 500 to do the job when it comes to creating a pregnancy, if a pregnancy is going to happen at that time.

Pre-ejaculate, all by itself does not contain sperm cells. It's function is to clear the urethra from anything that might make sperm cells less able to do their job when they are ejaculated. However, sometimes what can happen is that there is trace sperm left in the urethra pre-ejaculate carries out with it. When that happens, it's probably only thousands of sperm. That's technically enough to create a pregnancy, but it's likely rare.

We can have a sense of about how rare knowing that estimates for withdrawal (pulling out) in perfect use are usually around 96%, meaning around 4 of every 100 people using it in a year become pregnant from that during one year. To give you a basis of comparison, in perfect use condoms are 98% effective, and the birth control pill is 99.7% effective. Does that help?

All the same, it's not something you or are partner are likely to feel, especially when he is inside the vagina. Past the first inch or so, the vagina actually doesn't have the kind of nerve endings to respond to fine sensations like that: instead, what it feels is pressure, which that won't cause, it's only a teeny bit of fluid. You were likely feeling your own fluids or muscle contractions.

But what you need to figure is it can always be there, and that withdrawal, by itself, is one of the least effective methods in perfect and typical use. So, if you don't want to become pregant, and can access any other methods (including condoms), others are likely a better choice. And without condoms, STIs are also something you're going without protection for.

Does that clear all of that up for you? If you're not comfortable with this method alone, do you need information on emergency contraception? or any help in setting limits with your boyfriend around condom use?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex_L31
Neophyte
Member # 58304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex_L31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so mostly that "squirt" that i felt was probably my own muscle contractions or fluid? will that explain why i felt extra wet today? even after we finished, i still felt wet for a while. it was kind of strange for me.
Posts: 17 | From: hawaii | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex_L31
Neophyte
Member # 58304

Hi folks,

Ever since my last post, my bf & I havent had sex. But I noticed that these past two days, i've been getting this clear slimy discharged. Like after i used the bathroom & wipe, i would see this clear, slimy, egg-white like discharged. is this normal? I've also been experiencing these feelings where i feel like i want to throw up. should i be worry? can i be pregnant? I took a pregnancy text this past week and the result came out negative. so can anyone please help me? is there anything that i should be worry about? thank you!

-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Discharge that looks like egg-white is completely normal actually. It's even named "egg-white cervical mucus". That's the discharge women tend to get if they're ovulating.

Considering you had unprotected intercourse, you do have a chance of pregnancy. That said, it seems you used withdrawal perfectly (way before your boyfriend ejaculated and he didn't ejaculate anywhere near your vulva or vagina right?), then you have about a 4% chance. If you took the pregnancy test to know about your risk on the 18th, it was taken too early. Ideally, you should wait until a period is late or missed to take the test, or at the very least, 2 weeks since your risk.

You are near the very end of the 120 hours for emergency contraception so it may not be very effective, but if it's still an option you would like to consider, you could call your local pharmacy to get some information on it. Otherwise, you will just have to wait for your period.

You have also had STI risks so if you and your boyfriend have not been tested already, it would be sound to schedule tests for both of you in about a month.

Do you need more information on effective methods of birth control or setting limits around condom use with your boyfriend?

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex_L31
Neophyte
Member # 58304

HI, i know this might be really stupid question & i'm kinda embarrassed to ask this...but i was wondering is diarrhea a sign of pregnancy?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The very first pregnancy symptom most people have when pregnant is a missed period. Having any symptoms at all before that happens is very, very unusual. As well, getting symptoms before a pregnancy has likely even completed (and I don't mean ended, as in, with a birth, but completed, as in, implanted and started to grow) is just not something that tends to happen, because nothing has yet changed in your body to create any symptoms.

Have you seen this yet: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex_L31
Neophyte
Member # 58304

Thank you for the link and all your help! its super helpful! [Smile]

oh! I have one more question. last week i experienced some egg-liked discharge, which to me is kinda normal because i always experience a pretty normal-heavy amount of discharge 2 weeks prior to my period. But since saturday, i stopped experiencing any discharged or anything. Is this normal? And since noon of today, my vagina opening has been kinda sore. Its like the feeling i get when i get my period, but i'm 2 weeks aways from my expected period. do you guys know any reasons why i'm experiencing this? thank you so much!

Alex_L31
Neophyte
Member # 58304

Thank you for the link and all your help! its super helpful! [Smile]

oh! I have one more question. last week i experienced some egg-liked discharge, which to me is kinda normal because i always experience a pretty normal-heavy amount of discharge 2 weeks prior to my period. But since saturday, i stopped experiencing any discharged or anything. Is this normal? And since noon of today, my vagina opening has been kinda sore. Its like the feeling i get when i get my period, but i'm 2 weeks aways from my expected period. do you guys know any reasons why i'm experiencing this? thank you so much!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.