Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » painful intercourse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: painful intercourse
overthemountain
Neophyte
Member # 49571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for overthemountain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is probably the most common thing on this thread but I could really use some help.

Me and my boyfriend started having sex about 4 months ago. I'm super comfortable with him and feel very aroused whenever we try to have sex. I'm on the pill and we use TONS of lube. He's got a tad above average sized penis but nothing that should cause issues. Despite having the perfect circumstances, it's terribly painful for me. I figured the first time it would hurt, but it's gotten more painful every time. The pain is around my inner labia, specifically the lower area towards my taint (inappropriate word?). It burns, too. It also burns when I pee after but not for long.

Ugh! It sucks! I love my boyfriend so much and want to be able to enjoy sex with him! It's really starting to take a toll on me. I feel like I'm broken and it's really hard for me to deal with. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Posts: 9 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so it sounds like you've already tried most of the standard suggestions (making sure you're relaxed and aroused, using plenty of lube).

Have you see a doctor? You may have some sort of infection that's contributing to this pain. If you haven't already discussed this pain with a doctor, that's the first place I'd start.

(Also, if you are going to see a doctor, the one who you mentioned in this post probably isn't a good one to talk to about this issue. If you'd like help finding another health care provider, let us know.)

[ 07-14-2011, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: atm1 ]

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
overthemountain
Neophyte
Member # 49571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for overthemountain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah. Totally forgot about that post! Feels like so long ago.

I had a pap and an exam a couple months ago, after we had started having sex. She said everything seemed normal. I'll ask the next time I'm there for a birth control fill-up but it's kind of hard to get attention from the nurses because I go to a free clinic. Also, I know I don't have any sort of STI because me and him haven't have any other partners. I haven't had any other problems or symptoms.

Thank you so much for replying!

Posts: 9 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only way to know if you have an STI is to get tested, so if you and your partner are being sexually active I recommend both of you getting STI screenings.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 861 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
overthemountain
Neophyte
Member # 49571

Neither of us have had intercourse or have done any activity that could have given us an STD with anyone other than each other.
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If neither of you have had any sexual activity than your risk is very low for having an STI. (Sometimes people say they haven't had "sex" though and it's hard to know what that means - some people only mean intercourse.)

Without sexual contact, could I have an STI?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 861 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
overthemountain
Neophyte
Member # 49571

Thanks for the article, but neither of us have even done manual sex with anyone but each other and neither of us have herpes (mouth or genital).

Is there anything besides an STI that could be causing these issues?

CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We aren't doctors and even if we were there is no way we could diagnose you over the internet. The best thing to do is just to talk to your gynecologist.

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
overthemountain
Neophyte
Member # 49571

Ok, I will. Thank you for trying to help! I really appreciate Scarleteen and everything it does for young people like myself.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.