Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Clitoral pain after masturbation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Clitoral pain after masturbation
wordnerd25
Neophyte
Member # 58644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wordnerd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I am a woman and I masturbate often, but sometimes after I do so (like, the day after or so), ,y clitoris becomes sensitive to the touch. This is different from the sensitivity right after I have an orgasm because it happens much later, lasts longer (maybe a day or so), and feels different. It doesn't hurt very much, and it only hurts when I put pressure on it--almost like having a bruise. Is it a result of masturbating too much?
Posts: 29 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you also use a good water based lubricant when masturbating? It may be that you need to be if you're not. Also, it may be that you're just being a little bit rough or your nails need trimming, so that's something to try as well.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wordnerd25
Neophyte
Member # 58644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wordnerd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do use lube, and the pain isn't at the skin level anyway (as it would be if it was irritated)--it feels like it's underneath. My fingernails are short--I am learning piano--and I'm only as rough as I need to be.
Posts: 29 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we get aroused and then stimulate our bodies, they do become much more sensitive, most of the time. So, feeling increased sensitivity afterwards isn't that unusual.

Since it doesn't sound like you're experiencing serious pain here, I'd not sweat it, but you can always check in with your sexual healthcare provider to be sure.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.