Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I did something stupid.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I did something stupid.
chickie
Neophyte
Member # 45222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chickie         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I didn't know where to post this, so I just put it here.

I did something really stupid.. my friend and i (we used to be boyfriend and girlfriend) were fooling around and we did some... genital to genital touching. Without a condom. Basically nothing went inside anything else, but it did go a little bit into the entrance. He had jizzed earlier, but he said he was positive he wiped it all off, he said he didn't see anything at all after he wiped it off, if that counts for anything. This was the sixth day of my period. Did we have a pregnancy risk? I know it's unlikely that we did but I can't help freaking out a little.

Posts: 28 | From: West Coast | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, you've had a pregnancy risk. Direct genital to genital contact poses a pregnancy risk. And if he'd ejaculated right before, then it's more likely that his pre-ejaculate contained sperm.

I'd say in this case we can consider the figures for withdrawal, which leaves you with a pregnancy risk of anywhere between about 4 and 25%. If he did not ejaculate anywhere near you, it's probably on the lower end, but it's really tricky to make a more accurate prediction.

So, if you're not comfortable with that level of risk, and it's been less than 120 hours since then, you can still obtain EC. If it's been longer, you'll have to wait until you can take a pregnancy test, at 10-14 days after the risk.

Unprotected genital contact also poses STI risks. So if you and your friend haven't been checked recently, you'll want to get caught up on that.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chickie
Neophyte
Member # 45222

Oh my god. I cannot be pregnant. I cannot have that happen to me. He wiped it all off, really good, and we only touched for a few seconds, and it was several minutes after he ejaculated. can you tell me anything else? Sorry, I know I got my answer, I just need to know as much as I can. I already read a few articles.
Posts: 28 | From: West Coast | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chickie
Neophyte
Member # 45222

He didn't have any precum.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did he have an erection? If so, pre-cum was very likely present. It's not something that can be controlled, really.

But, let's not jump to the conclusion that you are pregnant, okay? What we're talking about here is a small pregnancy risk.

If this was 120 hours ago, you can still get Emergency Contraception to decrease the pregnancy risk further.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chickie
Neophyte
Member # 45222

It was longer than that... and I know, it just stresses me out so much that there is a chance that I am.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Once it has been more than 10 days, you can take a pregnancy test to find out for sure.

And if you'd like, we can help you find a method of birth control that works for you so you can better avoid pregnancy risks in the future.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

chickie
Neophyte
Member # 45222

We had condoms, but we've never had sex and we didn't mean to when we did that. I thought there wouldn't be any harm, other than an STI risk. I'm just kicking myself for
it, it was so stupid... and it doesn't matter now, I'm not associating with him anymore.

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Alright. So, just to be better prepared next time, why don't you take a look at these articles?
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

chickie
Neophyte
Member # 45222

Okay thanks... I'm just.. freaked out about it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.