Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Sensitivity after orgasm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sensitivity after orgasm
wordnerd25
Neophyte
Member # 58644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wordnerd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I find that after orgasm (I have only had orgasms through manual clitoral stimulation), my clitoris is quite sensitive and I don't really get pleasure from it any more. My boyfriend and I would both really like to keep going afterward--I reach orgasm pretty quickly--but I just don't get anything out of it. The sensitivity lasts for a pretty long time, so I don't really get much pleasure for the remainder of the "activity." Is there any way to get rid of the sensitivity? How do women have multiple orgasms?
Posts: 29 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, wordnerd25! Quite a lot of people experience hypersensitivity after orgasm, it's nothing to worry about at all, and there isn't really a way of getting rid of it -- it is, after all, just how your body responds to orgasm. Perhaps if direct stimulation is too much but you want to continue activities that include stimulating you, try things that involve your clitoris a little less directly. But in the end, like I said, this is just how your body responds and there's not that much you can do about it. There are plenty of other ways you can still enjoy yourselves and lots of activities that don't directly involve stimulation of your clitoris [Smile] Also, THIS article has some basic information about multiple orgasms.
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.