Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: confused
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunkissedx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
basically just started taking brivinor pill again on the first day of my period on the 24th of last month.
that same month i had went for the morning after pill like i was telling yous about. My period was alot longer than usual and it suddenly stopped then i started spotting bleeding black blood a few days later, could this just be due to the pill and the morning after pill ?

also just before that period last month i told you about the condom failing , im sure it failed on the day I turned come to think of it , or it could of been a week before? I really dont know can someone help me? does it not matter when it was either way if i had a period.

I NEED TO GET SORTED AND SAFE

Posts: 119 | From: Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because you had a period that lasted for days and was normal bleed (that finally ended and you had the dark brown which was old blood leaving) then you're safe.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunkissedx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
could i be pregnant from what ive explained ?
Posts: 119 | From: Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

becausee that morning after pill was before i had the scare before my period so im wondering whether anythings happened ? I had a fairly normal period and the sex was either on the day i turned or a week before i cant remember
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given you had a bleed since you took the EC and after that risk, you're not pregnant.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

I didnt what had happened was i took the morning after pill at around the 14th of february and then i had the scare,
I turned on the 24th but the scare was around a week before the 24th or it could of been on the day i turned.

so even if it was a week before i turned or the day i turned when i had the scare , are you saying there is no way i could be pregnant? just need to be sure

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Can you explain what you mean by "turned" here? I see you using it a lot and am a bit confused what you're actually asking. You took EC on the 14th, and the 24th what happened?

--------------------

sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

turned as in "started period" / "first day of period" sorry just "turned" is a term we use here.

forget about the ec cause its making it more confusing haha
basically i had sex THE WEEK BEFORE and THE DAY i started my period, we used a condom on both occasions and they broke so im wondering whether i have a risk even though i had a period?

[ 03-05-2011, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: sunkissedx ]

sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

and just to let you know im back on the pill so if the condom does break again which is highly unlikly cause ive done reaserach i'll be protected. Just really need to know my risk above
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Okay, first of all - if you used a condom both times, and had it break both times - then there's something wrong here. Condoms don't break easily or often unless they're past expiration, not stored correctly, or not being used correctly. (Using them correctly ALSO means using them with a good water-based lubricant. Check this out: Condom Basics: A User's Manual. And no, you don't need to be worried about a risk.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.