Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » hmm im cofused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hmm im cofused
MiikiieBabiie
Activist
Member # 55755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiikiieBabiie         Edit/Delete Post 
. OK my boyfriend wants to finger me... Ive had a shower before and for curiosity i sort of done it but not for pleasure... then it still smelt like in the inside (might sound bit wird or summink but it had to be done) is it ment to smell like that?
and yea i did wash properly :/

--------------------
Timeea

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Miikie

Can I ask, you say your boyfriend wants to "finger" you (the term we would use is manual sex but whatever you're comfortable with!) - what do you want? Do you feel you're ready for that level of sexual intimacy with your boyfriend?

Why don't you take a quick look at this article:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexuality/ready_or_not_the_scarleteen_sex_readiness_checklist

Do you mean that your vagina smelled? Is it an unpleasant smell? Vaginas have their own smell but it's not unpleasant. An unpleasant, cheesy or fishy odour could be a sign that something like a yeast infection is occurring. Could you clarify exactly what you mean?

Thanks
Rebecca

[ 02-13-2011, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: RebeccaM ]

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MiikiieBabiie
Activist
Member # 55755

Well i dont know to be honest i mean we have been together for 5months.... and i like him... quite abit... ive tossed him off... and yea i kind of think its time to move on... and i think im ready since it will be my first time.

i dont know... its a wierd smell... it can be unplesent smell aswell.... and yes i think i have a water infection thing... because i go to the toilet alot but its doesnt hurt me or it doesnt sting when i wee...

ive got another question are you supposed to wash inside your vagina not just around like your clituros and your lips and inside of lips and that... are you supposed to wash inside the hole??

hope that makes sence.
thank u [Smile]

--------------------
Timeea

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Miikiie,

You don't need to wash inside your vagina - it's got a balance of bacteria in there that's really sensitive to any kind of soaps. It'll clean itself when it needs to so unless there's something up then you have no need to clean it.

If there is an unpleasant smell then you should go to your doc in case there's an infection going on.

Hope that helps!
Rebecca

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MiikiieBabiie
Activist
Member # 55755

Ok thank you for the advice? [Smile]

and what about my boyfriend fingering me? what do i do with that...

--------------------
Timeea

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, again, is this something YOU want to do and feel comfortable with?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MiikiieBabiie
Activist
Member # 55755

Yea. i think its time to move on and try different things ... but if i have something go on down there and if its smells dont feel comfortable....

--------------------
Timeea

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it something you WANT to do though? Feeling like it's "time to move on" isn't a good reason to try any sexual activity if you don't really feel comfortable with it.

If you're concerned about whether your discharge is normal in terms of smell, that's always something you can ask a healthcare provider about.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.