Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » unprotected sex then period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unprotected sex then period
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunkissedx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have finally found the courage to leave my boyfriend and be single , the only thing is we had unprotected sex thinking we were going to be together long term. The unprotected sex was during the space of a week before my period started and the day before my period started.
I know sperm can last in the body quite a while but how likly is it that a girl releases an egg during her period ? could i be pregnant

Posts: 119 | From: Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your period started after you had the sex, you can be quite certain you did not become pregnant. That period would be an indication you didn't.

You'll just want to make sure that in the next month, again, you get some STI tests to manage the infection risks you may have taken, okay?

I'm glad you were able to make a choice that I think, in the short and long-term, is more likely to be a good one for you. Are you doing okay, having done that?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sunkissed,

If you have got your period then you're not pregnant.

However it might be a good idea to get an STI test as unprotected sex can leave you open to all kinds of infections.

Can I ask why you opted for unprotected sex with your boyfriend? Do you want to talk about how you can protect yourself in the future during sexual encounters?

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunkissedx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather : i found out that he sniffed coke and that really put him off i tried to help him through and and i text his mam telling her and then he read them and went off it with me .
we went out saturday and he told me to go home after being drunk but he went out himself ! so he basically wanted to get rid of me, he also has a really bad poker addicttion. I feel so much better about myself and making steps towards finding myself a part time job as its been hard as there has been no vaccancies available. He has my stuff and weve been split up for 1 week and a half he wants me back but im too happy to ever go back, he is refusuing to give me my stuff back because he thinks i'll never see him again and hes probablies right ! you were so right i was in denial and im a MUCH happier person . I really want to say thankyou because youve helped me so much!x

RebeccaM : I am going to the docters to have a full sti check i have had a chylamidia one it came back negative .

Posts: 119 | From: Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you are being really strong, working really hard to advocate for yourself: that is so fantastic! I'm super-proud of you. Glad to have been able to help in any way. [Smile]

In terms of your stuff, if it's stuff you want, it can help to send someone over to an ex like that to get it for you, someone that person feels intimidated by, like a parent, perhaps, or a fried of yours you know can be assertive and firm.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

yes i really am a much stronger person , I didnt realise how strong i was ! im actually thinking more clearly and although it will be hard to move on when i see him with a new girlfriend ive wrote a list of all his bad points to keep myself reminded hahaha!

yeah well im going to go down with my older sister she has offered, hes making excuses that he wont be in but if he isnt i will ask his mam for my stuff back politly [Smile] x

Heather
Member # 3

Sounds like a good plan.

And I also am willing to bet that as the months and years go by, you're going to be able to discover that you're stronger with each one that passes. I have faith in you!

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

yes independent women in the making haha ! x thankyou so much for your help , dont think i'll be using this site much now haha !
Heather
Member # 3

I fully support anyone who uses this site less and has a better life more. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.