Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » White Stretchy Discharge Before Period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: White Stretchy Discharge Before Period
isabellak
Neophyte
Member # 51355

Icon 5 posted      Profile for isabellak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I have a question about the types of discharge you should be getting during your menstrual cycle. Well I know that during ovulation the discharge should be clear and stretchy...and like egg whites. I already had this time of discharge about two weeks ago. So I know I already ovulated..plus I also felt my usual ovulation pains during that time. But I am close to getting my period...sometime between today and the following Monday or Tuesday. I am only 15 years old and have had my period for over 2 years now. Recently, like today and the past few days my discharge has been a white/creamish color but it is also very stretchy. It can stretch maybe more than 1 inch and is a bit thicker, like mucus. (sorry for the tmi) I don't think this is ovulation, since I already ovulated and this discharge is white and not as stretchy. I am wondering why my discharge is so stretchy and this color. I heard you were suppose to dry up after ovulation or only get little discharge that does not stretch.
Posts: 22 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
isabellak
Neophyte
Member # 51355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for isabellak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am quite concerned because I have been having alot of this white stretchy stuff. I know it should be normal, but I'm also worried it could be some strange bacterial infection. :\
Posts: 22 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long has it been going on for? Are you having any other symptoms, like itching or burning? Does this discharge smell at all unusual?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5738 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
isabellak
Neophyte
Member # 51355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for isabellak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, no itching or burning. And well it has a smell. But I don't know it just smells a bit sour or fishy..but I think thats normal for me.
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isabellak: Do you have a gynecologist you go to see? Anytime you're worried about something like this, the best thing to do often is just to get in to see your doctor so they can check and make sure everything's okay.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3428 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.