Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pain During Sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain During Sex
ohmyohmyyy
Neophyte
Member # 45240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohmyohmyyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I just wanted to figure out what's going on here.
My partner and I have never had a problem with pain during intercourse but lately, it feels like he's smashing into my cervix every time. Nothing has changed too much as far as positions or anything else. I was recently treated for a vaginal infection but I don't think that should affect it?

What's the problem here and should I go see a doctor? I'm kinda concerned.

Thanks.

Posts: 37 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you started by taking a look at these pieces to rule out (or identify) some common culprits?

From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
Let's Get Metaphysical: The Etiquette of Entry

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohmyohmyyy
Neophyte
Member # 45240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohmyohmyyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That definitely makes sense. My partner and I are super conscious about a lot of these things and we are always very conscientious of each others physical readiness.

We've been physically monogamous for the past two years so I don't think it could be an STD.

My hormonal birth control has been sapping my level of arousal since I started taking it so maybe that's affecting my body's physiological response to sex more now than it has before.

Just wanted to make sure that there was nothing physically wrong with my body as I am planning a jump to the copper IUD at the end of the month and didn't want an already upset cervix to further complicate that.

Posts: 37 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, let me just check some basics, okay?

When you're starting to have intercourse, you're only doing that when you are VERY aroused, physically and psychologically, and only continuing to while still feeling that way?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohmyohmyyy
Neophyte
Member # 45240

Sorry for the super delayed response. Yes, I am. [Smile]

The pain stopped recently but my difficultly reaching orgasm or even feeling physically aroused has continued to escalate.

I had this problem when I started Yaz and I was told this pill does this frequently because it is anti-androgenic.

Would the best way to fix this be to talk to my gyno? I'm great with the pill otherwise but I feel I've just about exhausted my hormonal options here. Still scared of the IUD. Eek.

Heather
Member # 3

This may or may not be about your pill, but if you're using a pill like Yaz, it's an issue often enough that I think it merits a conversation with your GYN, for sure.

The IUD isn't your only other option, but if it's the method you want, and you want to talk about your concerns with it, I'm happy to do that with you.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.