Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Question about pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about pill
floridagirl
Activist
Member # 46712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for floridagirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello! I have a question: I had sex today (we used the withdrawl method as a primary to my being on the pill) and I was curious about the pill's effectiveness during placebo week. I took one of the sugar pills last night.
Posts: 56 | From: Florida | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've taken all of your pills perfectly this cycle (on time, no missed pills), then you're still protected during your placebo week.

The pill doesn't protect against STIs though, so if you and your boyfriend aren't up to date with testing, I'd recommend making an appointment to get tested in about a month, and then again after about 6 months.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
floridagirl
Activist
Member # 46712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for floridagirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello - we're actually both clean (already tested before we decided to nix the condoms) and I am religious about taking my pill at 10 p.m. every night!

Thanks! [Smile]

Posts: 56 | From: Florida | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.