Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Strange dream about a girl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange dream about a girl
Brad123
Neophyte
Member # 52068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 13 and last night I had this strange dream of this girl I like. I've dreamed of her a couple of times before but all that happened was she'd sent me a text or something like that. Last night however, I can't really fully remember it but i was walking around in a garden with stone walls around it, and than she came out of a hedge. She told me to hide beside the hedge with her. One time I tried to get up I just fell down and for some reason she got on top of me (Not a sexual fantasy, well atleast not mostly one). After a while she disappeared. I don't remember anything else except that I saw in third person until she got ontop of me and it was first person.
I find this strange because I rarely dream of other people, and when I do theres always more than one person I can recognize. The strangest part of it though is that in the dream she looked just like she does in real life, but I didn't look like me. I've liked her since I met her in the beggining of the school year but like I said I've rarely dreamed of her. This dream was much different from the others, and had a much bigger impact on me when I woke up.
I hadn't seen her (Besides yesterday) since before christmas, and she looked different than I remembered her. She didn't seem to act that much different, but maybe my view of her was alienated since I didn't see her.
Anyways, why did I have such a different dream when nothing important happened?

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brad,

There's numerous reasons why you could be dreaming about her now - our subonscious can be a wacky place. You could have eaten something (cheese usually brings on odd dreams for me), listened to a song that triggered something, read something etc etc

There are any number of reasons why you could have had a dream about her now. [Smile]

Is there anything else about this situation you wanted to ask, is there anything bothering you about it?

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad123
Neophyte
Member # 52068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess it's just that I've never had a dream like that before. It felt kind of strange, it doesn't seem like I like her anymore now than I did before. But I just feel different now than I did even just yesterday, and not only about her. It feels like that dream was a wake-up call for something.

Thanks for the help

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen Brad,

Your dream doesn’t surprise me. At your age are going through a lot of changes in you life, physically and even more so emotionally, which are bringing up a lot of questions and curiosities about many things. Dreams are a great way for your subconscious to explore things in a safe way and they do not usually make sense to your conscious mind when you wake up. You said that maybe your dream felt like it was a kind of wake-up call; maybe there is a chance that your dream was exploring the possibility of getting to know her a little bit better? Let us know if there is anything you would like to talk about. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.