Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pill question: can you just skip the sugar ones?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pill question: can you just skip the sugar ones?
cyberbat
Neophyte
Member # 50299

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cyberbat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apart from giving clear evidence that you're not pregnant is it necessary to have periods while on the pill?

In other words if I just skipped the sugar pill ones and just started the next box and did this continually would it be ok. Or would it have side effects on the female body.

I don't actually intend to to this (because periods are a great indicator to me that I'm not pregnant) I'm just simply curious.

--------------------
Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart. - Land Before Time

Posts: 6 | From: Perth | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you're on the pill, you actually don't have periods because it blocks ovulation - so it's called a withdrawal bleed. It's generally not suggested to miss periods (like taking pills and skipping placebo week) though more research needs to be done. Even if you were to consider something like this, you never want to do so without consulting your doc first.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.