Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » boyfriend - lump.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: boyfriend - lump.
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, just wondering if anyone can enlighten me......maybe/hopefully make me feel better.

So, about a month ago my boyfriend came to visit me at uni, and we were messing around and I felt a lump sort of down there. But, it isnt like inside a testicle, it was more sort of the base of his penis, or just below it, and I could move it.....I just dont know what are the possibilites of it, what it could be.

I just want my mind put at rest....i have an essay due thursday morning and i cant concentrate [Frown]

Please help.

Posts: 83 | From: at my desk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry that wasnt very clear, Im bringing it up now because he called me and said he's going to the doctors about it. But when I found it he acted like it was nothing, and he said its been there for at least a year, so Im just panicky because i dont know why he'd suddenly decide to go if it had been there a year...
Posts: 83 | From: at my desk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unforunately, this could be a whole array of things, and since we're not there in-person to take a look at it, as well as the fact that none of us are doctors, we can't really tell you what it is. It could be anything, really; like a pimple, ingrown hair, or some kind of benign cyst or abscess, and those are just a few possibilities. So what I recommend is that you don't worry about this too much for now; it's more likely to be something that's not harmful than something to be really worried about. Neither of you are going to be able to have much of an idea as to what it is until his doctor looks at it, so for now try not to worry about it, okay? [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

Okay...hopefully he'll be able to get an appointment today. I'm always jumping straight to worst case scenario, I'll write back when I know what it is.

Thank you.

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem, and good luck! [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

he has an appointment for tomorrow morning, fingers crossed all is well!
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

okay, well, he went to the doctor, who said it seemed fine and nothing to worry about - he thinks it could be a cyst or even a third testicle! But he's booking him in for a scan anyway......but why would he do that if he thought there was nothing to worry about?
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's kind of like when we lock a door, and we're almost positive we locked it - but then go back and check it just to be on the safe side. He's doing that to A) just be doubly sure and B) Cover his own butt.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

I suppose....but when he said it was nothing to worry about, because it was moveable and he has had it for like a year and isnt feeling ill or anything, he said he would know about it if it was anything serious....it just seems weird to put him in for a scan after that.
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But sometimes things aren't what they seem. So it's better to just be safe and run a test then to wait and find out later it wasn't. Make sense?

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

I suppose. It just seemed a little strange, because even when i found it I didnt really think much of it because it isnt actually on a testicle....obviously its hard to describe when you havent felt it. It feels like a little ball, on a small string, more sort of beneath the penis than on a testicle.

Sorry, I dont know why I'm repeating myself. I'm an awful hypochondriac, but its so much worse when Im worrying about him.

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Honestly, try and relax. Worrying isn't going to do anything but make you feel worse - which doesn't help anyone.

--------------------

Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

I know, I guess I just have to try and not think about it. I suppose if the doctor thought it was anything suspicious he would have sent him straight in for a scan and stuff, which he hasn't, and he probably wouldn't have sounded so sure it was nothing.

Thanks anyway, I just have to make myself stop being such a worrier!

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Good luck!

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.